How to Succeed at Rutgers
● Take Honors Classes
● Join one of the 400+ clubs and organizations including everything from acapella to meterology to Oxfam.
● Bring your ID Card everywhere, you’ll need it!
● Explore a variety of subjects through your electives
● Take a Byrne Seminar, a First-Year Interest Group Seminar (FIGS), or both!
● Memorize your: RUID # - 9 digit number
● Memorize your Net ID - username
● Learn to use Sakai, Webreg and Degree Navigator for your classes
● Lock your room (and bring a keychain for your keys)
● Go to campus events (movies, FOOTBALL GAMES, theater shows, concerts galore!)
● Visit the Honors Deans - they love to hear from you!
● Learn to use your My Rutgers (the main portal for email, grades, transcript, financial aid, libraries, etc.)
● Do research, whether it’s in the sciences or the humanities
● Put the numbers for RU-Info (732-932-4636) and RU Police Department (RUPD) (732-932-7211) in your cell phone.