1. Log in to Webreg.
2. Choose your semester and click continue.
2. Select the “Manage Registration” tab.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Under your list of enrolled courses you will see “Purchase text books for your courses from...”.
4. Select “New Brunswick”.
5. View both required and recommended books for your courses.
1. Compare and contrast Rutgers Bookstore prices with the prices on websites like amazon.com, half.com, textbooks.com, chegg.com, and other similar sites. Websites like slugbooks.com can help you with the price comparisons.
2. Consider renting books.
3. Keep an eye out for books being sold by upperclassmen in your dorms. They may post fliers on bulletin boards or on facebook.
5. In general, online books are cheaper but take longer to get shipped to you. Buying in store tends to be more expensive but at least you get the books immediately and won’t fall behind on your readings.
6. If you are not sure whether you will be keeping a course, hold off on buying the textbooks for it.
7. Purchase only required textbooks before the semester starts, and wait to purchase recommended books after going to a few classes and seeing how useful the recommended books will be.