Faculty Leader: Richard V. Simmons, SAS Asian Language and Cultures
Travel Dates: Monday, May 15, 2017 - Friday, May 26, 2017
Class Meeting Times: Monday/Wednesday 1:10-2:30 PM, Academic Building Rm 1100 , College Avenue Campus
Program Cost: $1,468
Course Number: 01:959:191:01, 1 credit, 01:090:294:04, 3 credits. (Honors Students will receive a total of 4 credits).
As part of a Spring 2017 Interdisciplinary Honors Seminar 01:090:294:04, China's Capitals Across Time and Their Linguistic and Cultural Impacts, Professor Richard V. Simmons will be leading students on a twelve-day trip to China. In conjunction with the New Brunswick-based Interdisciplinary Honors Seminar, students will enroll in a Spring one-credit field experience, 01:959:191:01.
- Explore Chinese capitals through time, stopping by imperial historic sites in Beijing, Nanjing, Kaifeng, Luoyang, and Xi'an.
- Learn about the linguistic impacts of these primarily northern capitals and how they impact the common koine language
- Discover how war, dynastic change, and population upheaval affect cultural development and influence cultural and linguistic norms
* Students must be enrolled in the SAS Honors Seminar "China's Capitals Across Time and Their Linguistic and Cultural Impacts " 01:090:294:04 in order to be enrolled in the one-credit field experience, 01:959:191:01.
* There are 17 available spaces. Rolling admission. Apply early!
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2016.
Students accepted to the program will receive special permission numbers to enroll in 01:959:191:01 (1 credit field experience) AND 01:090:294:04 (3 credit honors seminar).
TO APPLY, VISIT THE STUDY ABROAD WEBSITE HERE!