Interested in Being a Peer Tutor?
Do you want to improve your critical thinking and leadership skills? Are you looking for a way to sharpen your academic knowledge while serving the Rutgers community? Volunteer to tutor fellow students! As little as 2 hours of your time each week can make a difference.
SAS Honors Program students in good standing who have completed at least one semester at Rutgers are invited to apply to be a Peer Tutor. Tutors choose which course(s) they tutor, and only need to be available 2 hours per week.
Eligibility: Undergraduate honors students in good academic standing with the SAS Honors Program, Rutgers Honors College, SEBS Honors Program, or SOE Engineering Academy who have completed at least one semester at Rutgers.
Qualifications: Applicants must have:
- enthusiasm, patience, and a desire to assist fellow students
- willingness to engage in tutor training and learn pedagogical skills
- the ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and in a timely manner with students and staff
- the ability to perform tutoring duties ethically and confidentially
- availability to tutor at least 2 hours per week on a volunteer basis for the entirety of the Fall 2020 semester - Monday, September 14 to Thursday, December 10.
Application Deadline: Applications have closed for the Fall 2020 semester. Please check back in November for Spring 2021 applications.