The SASHP Peer Mentor Program matches new SASHP students with current students who volunteer to serve as Peer Mentors. Peer Mentors assist first-year students in the transition to Rutgers through sharing information about the university, assisting Mentees with majors, minors, and extracurricular opportunities, and providing friendship and support at SASHP and Rutgers events.
We are also looking for creative and enthusiastic leaders to serve on the Peer Mentor Programming Board. Programming Board Leaders work as a team to help man, coordinate, and market Peer Mentor events, as well as run the Peer Mentor Facebook page.
Peer Mentor applications for the 2018-2019 school year are due by Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Peer Mentor Training
All Peer Mentors must attend one of the following mandatory one-hour introduction sessions:
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:00-3:00 p.m. at Busch Student Center Room 122AB
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:00-4:00 p.m. at Busch Student Center Room 122AB
- Friday, April 20, 2018 3:00-4:00 p.m. at Rutgers Academic Building Room 2125 (College Ave)
- Friday, April 20, 2018 4:00-5:00 p.m. at Rutgers Academic Building Room 2125 (College Ave)
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:00-3:00 p.m. at Livingston Student Center Room 201AB
Mentors and Mentees are matched during the summer and have an opportunity to meet at the Peer Mentor/Mentee Summer Kick-off on Sunday, June 24, 2018.