SAS Honors Program Peer Tutoring Application - Fall 2019
The School of Arts and Sciences Honors Program (SASHP) is searching for honors students to volunteer to tutor fellow Rutgers University undergraduate students on a one-on-one basis. This application is for the Fall 2019 semester.
SASHP Peer Tutoring was started by an Honors student like you, to give back and share their knowledge with other Rutgers students. As a tutor, you will improve your critical thinking, teaching, and leadership skills, all while serving the Rutgers community.
Eligibility: Undergraduate honors students in good academic standing with the SAS Honors Program or Rutgers Honors College who have completed at least one semester at Rutgers.
Qualifications: Applicants must have:
- enthusiasm, patience, and a desire to assist fellow students
- willingness to engage in tutor training and learn pedagogical skills
- the ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and in a timely manner with students and staff
- the ability to perform tutoring duties ethically and confidentially
- availability to tutor at least 2 hours per week on a volunteer basis for the entirety of the Fall 2019 semester
Mandatory Training: Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Both new and returning tutors are required to attend.
Tutoring: You may tutor any course you completed with a letter grade of B+ or higher. If you placed out of a course (because of high AP/IB or Rutgers placement test scores, or because you transferred in college credit for a course) and are comfortable and confident in your ability to tutor the subject material, you may tutor that course. Tutoring takes place at the Learning Resource Centers (LRCs) on each Rutgers - New Brunswick campus. All tutoring is done one-on-one.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, but must be received no later than Monday, August 26, 2019.
COLLEGE AVENUE CAMPUS